Free Design Itinerary and Quote for You !
Xining, the capital city of Qinghai Province, is the vital transport hub to western China since Tang Dynasty. There are many fabulous tourist sites around Xining city, such as: Taer Temple, Qinghai Lake, Chaka Salt lake, Qilian Mountain, etc.
Although Xining is not an international city, it is the gateway of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and the starting point of Qinghai-Tibet Railway. Xining to Lhasa train will take you to enjoy the railway highlights from Xining to Lhasa with less than 22 hours.
Xining is also the on-the-way city where different railways from Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, Xian, Chongqing, Guangzhou, etc. pass through. Therefore, we suggest you fly to Xining from these firstly and then enjoy your Xining Tibet Tours by train.
Why travel to Tibet from Xining:
1) Acclimate the high altitude environment in advance in Xining with 2263m above the sea leave
2) Take the Qinghai-Tibet train from Xining to Lhasa with the least time
3) Fantastic landscapes along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway
4) Many famous tourist sites around Xining
5) Easier to book Qinghai-Tibet train ticket during the peak travel seasons than from other cities